Who We Are
We are thought leaders in comparative effectiveness research (CER) and patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR). Our approach to CER/PCOR reflects the view that improvements in the quality and relevance of health research must be achieved in the context of increasing pressure on health care spending and the need to sustain innovation.
A health care system where patients, clinicians, health care policymakers, and payers have the reliable and relevant evidence they need to make informed health decisions.
To make health care more effective and affordable by improving the quality, relevance, and efficiency of clinical research.
The Impact We Seek
We focus on creating significant public health impact through:
- Research that meaningfully involves all key health care stakeholders;
- Innovative, high-value technologies rapidly adopted and appropriately used in an increasingly resource-constrained environment;
- Evidence-based clinical advice delivered by health professionals and clinical guideline committees;
- Coverage and reimbursement decisions based on comparative effectiveness and value;
- Informed patient decisions that lead to better health outcomes and quality of life; and
- Improved public trust in research.