- CMTP brings to each project a high degree of analytic rigor, as well as a sophisticated knowledge of research methods and health policy issues related to comparative effectiveness and patient-centered outcomes research. Partners join us because our projects produce the concrete products that researchers and other stakeholders need and use to improve clinical research.
- CMTP is a trusted convener and influential thought leader, developing new collaborations and generating resources from government, industry, and foundations.
- In all of its work CMTP engages a national and international network of thought leaders, patients, patient advocates, clinicians, industry representatives, policymakers, and payers so that all of these perspectives inform each phase of the clinical research process—from topic generation and research priority setting to study design standards and implementation strategies.
CMTP’s work and culture is guided by these core values:
- We are committed to creating measurable change and to making a positive difference by improving research that informs clinical decision-making. This in turn improves patient care, promotes the efficient use of resources, and fosters meaningful innovation.
- We are independent, impartial, and transparent. We are responsive and highly attentive to detail.
- We believe high-quality, feasible clinical research requires meaningful interaction and trust across all relevant stakeholder groups in health care. This trust is earned over time by ensuring all stakeholder interactions are conducted in a respectful, fair, competent, legitimate, and accountable manner.
- We are a learning organization, committed to engaging diverse perspectives and creating new knowledge that is actionable.
- We are trailblazers, serving as a catalyst for new ideas and focusing on game-changing initiatives.