Vision, Mission & Competencies
We are thought leaders in comparative effectiveness research (CER) and patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR). We believe that improvements in the quality and relevance of health research can change the trajectory of rising healthcare costs while sustaining innovation.
A health care system where patients, clinicians, health care policymakers, and payers have the reliable and relevant evidence they need to make informed health decisions.
To make health care more effective and affordable by improving the quality, relevance, and efficiency of clinical research.
The Impact We Seek
- Research that meaningfully involves all key healthcare stakeholders.
- Evidence reflective of real-world patients and practices.
- Innovative, high-value technologies rapidly adopted and appropriately used in an increasingly resource-constrained environment.
- Evidence-based clinical advice delivered by health professionals and guideline committees.
- Coverage and reimbursement decisions based on value.
- Improved public trust in research
- Less uncertainty in everyday healthcare.
- Organize customized involvement of key constituents, drawing from a worldwide network of CER stakeholders.
- Use rigorous, innovative methods for soliciting stakeholder input.
- Provide comprehensive evaluation of stakeholder impact.
- Establish longstanding partnerships to improve the efficiency and sustainability of the clinical research enterprise.
- Provide thought leadership on developing strategies that achieve shared goals of different decision-makers in a resource-constrained environment.
- Foster communications and collaboration between disparate stakeholder groups.
Research Design and Analytic Methods
- Promote use of sophisticated analytical methods to improve CER results.
- Design and conduct qualitative studies and content analysis.
- Facilitate pragmatic design of both randomized and non-randomized studies.